Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


We kicked off Mom's weekend at Jean's Berry Patch. 
I think we ended up with around 18 pounds of strawberries, or at least that's how many ended up in the basket.  Jean might go bankrupt if she gets too many 3 year olds who like strawberries as much as Maggie.  They probably should have weighed her before and after- the kid ate three times  as many as she picked!
We've had berries on angel food and short cakes, on waffles with whipped cream, and even in a very delicious spinach salad with greens from the garden!  I also jammed (?) last night, for the first time.  It tasted just as good as my Mom's and Grandma's, but then again, I don't know if you can go wrong with that much sugar!!  And just for the record, this was another of those experiences that made me realize, once again, how awesome my mother is!  She rocked out jam every year, with 5 rugrats running around her!  I love you, Mom, and gain a greater appreciation for you EVERY DAY!!!!!!
  (mostly because of these two sweet little monsters!!!)
Happy Mother's Day!







1 comment:

Jan said...

cute pictures!! I love you too.